Re: Kernels 2.4.x for ISP ?

Przemyslaw Wegrzyn wrote:
> What configuration ?
> I want to run it on dual processor machine.
  Our web servers are single processor Pentium III on a Asus
motherboard. I also run 2.4.2 with SMP on a couple of Dell Poweredge
duel 1Ghz processor, 2Gb memory with aacRAID for a client. These servers
are running large Oracle 8i databases so I'm not sure their performance
translates to Web service but the SMP support is fine and stability has
been equal to my non-SMP machines. The kernels are patched to use the
aacRAID.
  I also can't say that 2.4.x was faster or better on these machines
because they previously were running RedHat's 6.2EE, which is a heavily
modified 2.2.x kernel to support large file systems and memory > 1Gb.

Pete
--
http://www.elbnet.com
ELB Internet Service, Inc.