Re: An LDAP authentication howto for Debian?

tps@unslept.com wrote:

> On Sun, May 06, 2001 at 11:22:09AM +0200, Russell Coker wrote:
> > On Saturday 05 May 2001 06:48, tps@unslept.com wrote:
> > > Since we're on the subject of LDAP, one thing I hate about LDAP, and it
> > > may be just my ignorance, is this: I'm use to using PH for mail routing.
> > > Within  PH, for the user record, you can add many aliases for them,
> > > which sendmail happily uses. I can't figure out how to do this with
> > > LDAP! Does anyone have an eyedeer?
> >
> > When using LDAP for email aliases you have multi-valued attributes for both
> > the incoming address and the delivery address.  This allows you to have one
> > user with multiple email addresses, an alias expansion to multiple users, or
> > a multi-user alias with multiple addresses.
>
> I think I tried all that. What attributes? All the ones I tried are being
> limitted to a single value.
>
> Tim

Well, you may try MailAlternateAddress, this attribute is multi-valued.
for example here's the ldapsource i use for a postfix configuration:
	ldapsource_server_host = $myhostname
	ldapsource_server_port = 389
	ldapsource_search_base = dc=test,dc=org
	ldapsource_timeout = 5
	ldapsource_query_filter =
(&(objectclass=mailrecipient)(mailalternateaddress=%s))
	ldapsource_result_attribute = mail
well you have to put it on
	virtual_maps =  ldap:ldapsource
	alias_maps = ldap:ldapsource
It was pretty simple with postfix as usual :)
I dont know if you can set a query_filter with sendmail
but this is not an ldap problem, that's why you dont have to hate LDAP
for that !

Hugh