Re: linking devices

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 11:02:06AM +0000, Kozman Balint wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there any way to link two (or more) block devices (ex: two hard disks)
> into one logical block device? I need this to be able to copy a file of
> 70Gb to a machine which has two disks of 40 Gb.

Yes.. You should be able to use the 'md' driver/subsystem to create a big
virtual drive across multiple drives.
There is only one problem... a 70 Gig file won't fit... since there is a
filesize limitation (I think 2GB) So you'd have to split up the file in 2GB
parts anyway, and then it's useless to go the hard way with md or lvm

Mark Janssen                     Unix Consultant @ SyConOS IT
E-mail: mark@markjanssen.homeip.net    GnuPG Key Id: 357D2178
http: markjanssen.homeip.net and markjanssen.[com|net|org|nl]
Fax/VoiceMail: +31 20 8757555     Finger for GPG and GeekCode