Re: satellite connections

On 11 Feb 2001, Andrea Glorioso wrote:

> Hi debianistas.
>
> Does anybody here use satellite to connect to the internet?  If so,
> would anybody be willing to share his experiences with the various
> providers?

I have experience with only one satelite provider - Europe OnLine, and,
IMO, they suck big time ... The only reason that we're still using them is
that we don't have any other usage for the DVB card, and if you use
netants ( to make a lot of simultaneous connections ) , it _could_ give
you some good results ( like 2-20 KB/s ), on a good day...