Re: Log top or similar information

David Lynn wrote:

> Hello -
>
> Is there good method or a good application for logging top (or similar)
> information?  We'd like to capture all such information for historical
> performance monitoring, but top is not very capture-friendly.
>
> Thanks for any help.  Currently running slink.
>
> --David

Well, you could make it a _little_ more capture friendly using

top -n 1 -b

Then you probibly want something that stores this data for later
datamining (SQL database is usualy a good idea).

You could also use things like RRDTool on the output from the top
command.

There is no (AFAIK) ready software that do what you want (as you want
the induvidual process name as well).

/Mike

--
"eLINUX  ---  Enabling the Net Economy on Linux"
Michael Boman                   eLinux Pte Ltd