Re: Install on many machines

Assuming that the machines are basically the same -- I have used Norton Ghost 2002.

I loaded up Debian from CD, updated from the ftp site, installed and configured my base packages. Then created a ghost image (1. ghost works with lilo but not with grub 2. I've left out a number of steps - I have several spare hard drives and computers to work with) and burned it to a CD.

As a test, I installed the ghost image on a couple of different machines. It takes less than 10 minutes to restore the ghost image. Next change the IP and host names and I was done.

Using a MSDOS diskette with Ghost, a ghost image, and a couple of ethernet cards, you can load over a network. My setup works better with CDs.

Let me know if I can help.