Lastlog accurately with pam_lastlog.so?

Hi,

I am trying to come up with a way to accurately delete old unused accounts
and its a problem.  We have about 1600 users on a few different machines.
On one machine imap and pop access isn't logged to lastlog and on another
ppp using ldap authenication isn't logged either, then another with
ftp...  I just tried adding the following to /etc/pam.d/imap and it isn't
working.

session optional pam_lastlog.so debug silent noterm

If if we do get it to work, adding this sort of thing across a few
machines isn't going to solve our problem unless we have some way to
accurately combine the lastlogs.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chuck
CCIL Admin