Re: Distributed Qmail Configuration

On Thu, 2001-12-13 at 07:43, Gene Grimm wrote:
> Is there any information available anywhere about configuring Qmail for
> distributed mail delivery with one Qmail system receiving as the Mail
> eXchanger and relaying selective domains to specified remote Qmail POP
> servers?

If I understand correctly, I think what you want is an artificial smtp
route. Add to /var/qmail/control/smtproutes:

domain.com:pop.domain.com

This will relay mail destined for domain.com to the pop.domain.com
server. The qmail program at pop.domain.com should be setup to handle
the domain.com email locally (and subsequently allow pop3 access to it).
Don't forget to add domain.com to the /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts file
on pop.domain.com!

Specific information on the smtproutes control file can be found in the
qmail-remote man page. Another good general qmail info source is
qmail.org if you haven't found it already.

Jeff