Re: 2 ip`s on one interface

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 06:48:20PM +0100, Marcin Sochacki wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 09:26:10AM -0800, Nick Jennings wrote:
> >  This is debian-isp, puttin 2 ip's on a single interface is something
> >  that a small ISP might run into somewhere along the line. If I was
> >  this admin, and had never done it before, then I would ask here as
> >  well.
>
> So, would you agree, that ANY ISP-related question should be asked
> here in the first place, without even taking a short look into
> documentation?

Since this is a debian-isp list, I would like to know
how to alias IPs properly the Debian way.

l have used the /etc/network/interfaces file.  But I
think the iproute package offers some cleaner
semantics.

Any comments on the use of iproute in that repect?

Regards.
Bao

--
Bao C. Ha                    voice: (310) 922-0137
8D66 6672 7A9B 6879 85CD  42E0 9F6C 7908 ED95 6B38