Re: Strange apache behaviour? (solved)

On Sun, Dec 09, 2001 at 08:05:17AM +1100, Jason Lim wrote:
> Perhaps Johnie could make this an optional setting in
> /etc/apache/cron.conf or something like that...?

There is:

.# Whether to chown logfiles to the user/group Apache runs as.
APACHE_CHOWN_LOGFILES=0
                     ^^ This should be 0 *not* 1, which I think is Debian's
		        default.

This is used by /etc/cron.daily/apache.  The server logs should root.adm or
root.root with 640 permissions.  Having the same that runs the server
owner/group write permissions to the logs is asking for trouble.  Nor
should the world normally be able to look them.

            bob
--
  bob billson        email: reb@bhive.dhs.org          ham: kc2wz   /)
                            reb@elbnet.com             beekeeper -8|||}