virtual hosting methods

Hey guys,

    What are people doing for virtual hosting?  I'm trying to figure what
    would be best for me.

    Would running a vhost module be a good way of doing things?  My only
    problem with this is I'd have to parse the single log file for each
    host.  Not a huge deal, but I'd like to have them separated without my
    intervention.  And I'd have to throw config lines for each vhost into
    the .htpasswd file, but even that would be acceptable.

    I've recently read about people just doing stuff with mod_rewrite (I
    think).  I really don't know much about this.

    And I was thinking just have a separate vhost.conf file and modifying
    that, then restarting apache with graceful.

    Any info would be great.

    Thanks.

--
 Kevin