Re: HELP SOS

Craigsc wrote:

Hi Guys

I have succeeded in locking myself out of mysql. I need to set the root password back

to nothing, can anyone help ? Or am I going to have to reinstall, in which case where

is my databases stored ?>

Help at this stage would be a blessing :)

..Craig

Hello..

Lets see if I remember it right, check man page for exakt syntax. But run the mysql server with -Sg or --skip-grant (or something like that). It will make the whole server wide open to the whole world so be sure that noone but you can access it while you do it.. Then you just
set the password you want and restart it.

/Roger