RE: hardware raid

If you are looking for Ultra 160 SCSI, the Mylex AcceleRAID 170 may be
something that you want.  I recent purchased about 30 of these cards for a
RAID 1 solution for some rack servers.  They work pretty good.  RAID0,
RAID1, Spanning (JBOD), RAID5.  You can backup and restore the controller
configuration to a floppy disk, the BIOS interface is fairly nice and
simple.  Rebuilding takes awhile, but no big deal.

They also make an AcceleRAID 170LP, a low-profile PCI card.  Pretty neat.

AMI recently sold all of their RAID card business to LSI Logic, this making
getting some of the AMI cards a bit difficult right now.  Otherwise, I would
also recommend the AMI Express 500.

If you are looking for IDE, I have no comment there.

# Jesse Molina			lanner, Snow
# Network Engineer		Maximum Charisma Studios Inc.
# lanner@maximumcharisma.com	1.303.432.0286
# end of sig