Re: apt-get install or apt-get source

Whoever told you that is wrong...

If you know how to program stuff and you can modify any source you get
then you may have a use in getting the source code of a package, or even
if compiling yourself gives you a functionality you need that is not in
the precompiled packages.

But if you are just going to use a program, plain and simple, it's better if
you get a precompiled package for which you dont need dev libs or
anything else, and the results, will be the same as compiling yourself.

Good luck

Daniel