mrtg causing snmpd to hang ???

hi all,
	I started to play with stock debian/testing snmpd and mrtg,
what I did is that
I installed both packages, tuned snmd.conf so that it doesn't monitor any
programs and then ran cfgmaker localhost to create example mrtg.cfg, the
result was that snmpd hang immediately, I've only seen Recv-Q count from
netstat -ltu increasing, meaning that snmpd is not processing any
requests anymore,and had to kill it -9 to shut it down

 simple play with snmpget shows that it is possible to
retrieve certain values (sysname) without hanging it, but cfgmaker localhost
surely stops the snmpd from responding...

any idea ???

P.S. I'm quite new to mrtg and snmpd, perhaps I skipped something obvious, but
surely I read faq, and manpages from both packages :(

thanx,
martin
--
2CC0 4AF6 92DA 5CBF 5F09  7BCB 6202 7024 6E06 0223