Re: Convert md5 password from openBSD to debian md5 ?

> How to convert password file form OPENBSD /etc/master.passwd MD5 to
> debian MD5 /etc/passwd file ???
> The coded strings aren't the same length a I think that they are coded not
> the same way.
> Where can I find convert script or how to do this ?
> I tried coded the same user and the same password in both systems and ...
> coded password are diffrent.

    Don't know much about how OPENBSD implements MD5 but as it's the US
federal standard there shouldn't be much difference. By definition, same
inputs in same standard MUST give the same outputs, and no different inputs
can give the same output. Are You sure You have same crypto algorithm
version on both systems? Maybe MD4 or something is there also?
    Converting MD5 encrypted passwords, hmmm, also by definition that
non-reversable algorithms such as MD5 or SHA-1 doesn't allow their outputs
to be used for getting anything that make sense. Such outputs can only be
used for the comparision. Anyway, anybody find or make a script that does
it, I would be happy to have it too.
    Sorry, think I wasn't too much of help, regards!
    J.