rshell and iptables

Hi, I'm trying to get rshell working on a server that's locked down pretty tight with iptables. I had to allow access to port 514 (shell) from the host that will be connecting to it, but I also had to allow access to port 1023 in order to get it to work. I'm thinking this port is chosen based on some kind of negotiation (like ftp maybe?). I'm worried that if more than one rsh process is going on at once I will need to open up some other ports (probably 1022,1021, etc?). Anyone know for sure what the deal with rsh is? I looked in the man page and couldn't find anything.
--
------SupplyEdge-------
Greg Hunt