Re: Apache suEXEC Question

On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 09:17:57AM -0700, Tim Moss wrote:
> > I've added my User and Group directives in the vhosts in my vhost.conf
> > and
> > I'm getting Forbidden errors.
> > Here's an example:
> > The User and Group directives are set to foo
> > Here's an -ls -l of /home/f/ and /home/f/foo/
> > ls -l /home/
> > drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4096 Oct 11 09:51 f
> > ls -l /home/f/
> > drwxrwx---    7 foo      foo          4096 Oct 12 08:37 foo
> Seems like this directory should be mode 755. Setting the User and Group
> in a VirtualHost section only affects what user and group CGI programs
> run as. The main webserver User & Group don't have any access to this
> directory unless those happen to be foo & foo.

That's what I was thinking but this is also the first time the box hasn't
been chroot'ed for users. The idea was to have non-world readable home dir's.

There must be some way to do this. Is adding the www-data user into each new
uesrs group the way to go? I'm still against NOT having a chroot'ed jail for
the users but it's not my choice.

A.Sleep.