Re: portslave for potato

Hello Russell

On 9 Oct 2001, at 21:13, Russell Coker wrote:

> I have put a copy of the latest portslave compiled for potato online at
> http://www.coker.com.au/portslave/ .  I don't have a potato system to test it
> though...  Also it is a new version...

I think I have found a bug with this package.

We had a major power outage and everything went down.  The
portslave machine came back up before the radius server.

It seems the pppd-radius on the portslave machine got into and
endless loop trying to reach the radius server. I got the following
errors scrolling very rapidly.

t 12 13:42:37 nimbus port[S23]: radius@0.0.0.0:1812 not
responding
Oct 12 13:42:37 nimbus last message repeated 15 times
Oct 12 13:42:37 nimbus port[S26]: radius@0.0.0.0:1812 not
responding
Oct 12 13:42:37 nimbus last message repeated 9 times
Oct 12 13:42:37 nimbus port[S19]: radius@0.0.0.0:1812 not
responding
Oct 12 13:42:37 nimbus last message repeated 5 times

It did not stop after the radius server had come back up again.
Eventually I had run "killall -9 pppd-radiusd" to kill all of the stuck
processes.  After that init restarted the portslaves and it worked fine
again.  I look forward to your comments.

Thanks

Ian

Ian Forbes ZSD
http://www.zsd.co.za
Office: +27 +21 683-1388  Fax: +27 +21 64-1106
Snail Mail: P.O. Box 46827, Glosderry, 7702, South Africa