Re: eth0: Memory squeeze, deferring packet

On Sun, 7 Oct 2001 02:41, Jason Lim wrote:
> Strange... but wha could be causing it? The box has 512M ram and has
> almost 20M free... it is that empty and free.
>
> Plus there is no huge amount of traffic going through it.
>
> I'm just trying to figure out what triggered this :-/

These types of things are caused by one of two situations:
1)  Some situation of extremely high system load (eg a combination of intense
file system access over software RAID and routing between several 100baseT
interfaces).
2)  Kernel bug.

If it's the latter than having 2G of RAM isn't necessarily going to save
you...