Re: Hacker Script Attempt

Gene Grimm wrote:
> The following message was received by our admin account after finding an
> intrusion (followed by rotating shell account passwords). Can anyone tell me
> how to find out what devices are referenced in this message?

These aren't devices. To uniquely identify a file in unix you need
provide only the device it is on and the inode of the device that the
file occupies, and that's what the numbers are. Comes right out of
stat(2).

This is suidperl detecting an attempt to exploit a common unix race
condition dealing with executing suid scripts. Or they might have really
been trying to exploit an old security hole in suidperl's checks for
that race condition. perlsec(1) under "Security Bugs" for details.

--
see shy jo