Re: do_try_to_free_pages failed

On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 16:40:28 -0400, Gene Grimm wrote:
> I keep receiving the following error messages on my server console and in
> the log files. Can anyone direct me to where on my system I need to check
> to fix these problems and what package(s) are related?
>
> kernel: VM: do_try_to_free_pages failed for XF86_S3...

Either you are running a kernel that has problems in virtual memory
management (quite a few recent ones still have some problems in this area),
or your system does not have enough main memory and/or swap space.

HTH,
Ray
--
PATRIOTISM  A great British writer once said that if he had to choose
between betraying his country and betraying a friend he hoped he would