Re: weird tcp syn problem

I'm sure you have already tried all this but:

> echo  > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_syncookies
  That should be echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_syncookies

> However, after fruitlessly trying to echo /anything/
  Does /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_suncookies exist? It should.

> got corrupt.  So, I recompiled the kernel
  You need to turn Syn Cookies on during kernel configuration. Your
/usr/src/linux/.config should show: CONFIG_SYN_COOKIES=y

  Also be sure that if you are using iptables that you DO NOT have
ipchains support compiled in your kernel also. The config utility will
let you do this (this really should be reported as a bug) but things
will break and weird things will happen if you do this.

Pete
--
http://www.elbnet.com
ELB Internet Services, Inc.