Re: PHP3 and PostgreSql

You need to have libpq.so available to your run-time linker.

If you have PostgreSQL installed in the default /usr/local/pgsql/
location, just append "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/" to the end of your
/etc/ld.so.conf file and run ldconfig (you need to be root to do this).

If you cannot be root, then you can set the environment variable
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include /usr/local/pgsql/lib/

In bash, this would be:

	export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/pgsql/lib/

In the shell script that starts Apache with PHP (apachectl), you can
just create this environment variable there and things should also work
fine that way.

So there are two ways of completing this task.

phil.

--
                                 Whirlycott
                                 Philip Jacob