Re: Clustering mail servers - Cyrus or Courier ?

On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, Kevin J. Menard, Jr. wrote:

> Hey Przemyslaw,
>

> Sunday, August 05, 2001, 10:10:13 AM, you wrote:
>

> PW> However, AFAIK it can be done only with Cyrus with its IMAP Aggregator, or
> PW> with qmail-ldap + Courier-IMAP...
>
> Perdition (http://www.ca.us.vergenet.net/linux/perdition/) should allow you
> to do the same thing as Cyrus murder, on other mail systems.

Yes, it's a good thing. However, yet I need some mailer that's capable to
work as frontend, receiving mails and forwarding to the right backend
server ( LMTP would be the best if talking about Cyrus).
It should support LDAP database. Currently I done it with qmail-ldap +
Courier, but I'm not fully satisified. It reqiured custom patching, and
still it's a little experimental. I'm afraid it's not reliable enough for
production site.

-=Czaj-nick=-