Re: Apache bandwidth limitation

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, ARAKI Yasuhiro wrote:

> Florian,
>
> I suggest you to check mod_throttle(http://www.snert.com/Software/mod_throttle/) or mod_bandwidth(http://www.cohprog.com).
> Both modules has not been debianized yet.

Huh ? They are in apache packages !

czajnik@earth:~$ dpkg -L apache-common | grep band
/usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_bandwidth.so
czajnik@earth:~$ dpkg -L apache-common | grep throt
/usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_throttle.so
/usr/lib/apache/1.3/400mod_throttle.info
czajnik@earth:~

I'm currently using mod_bandwidth, but... I'd like to find something that
actually measures the bandwidth usage.

With mod_bandwidth, if you set , say, 100kB/s limit, and there are 2
concurrent connections - 5kB/s (modem user) and the other that can operate
at 100kB/s, then the first will work at 5kB, and the second at 50kB/s,
becaues mod_bandwidth simply divides 100kB/s / 2 connections, and gives
each connection 50kB/s limit.
I'd like rather to give the second one 98kB/s.

I've tried mod_throttle, but I can't get it work actually.

-=Czaj-nick=-