Re: websites, clusters, and other pets...

On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 12:00:09PM +0200, TooManySecrets wrote:
> The clusters will run Apache and a dynamic site with php and mysql.
> By the documentation I'm reading, I think the best option is Mosix... Have a
> cluster /web more difficult for administration than a "tradicional sort"??
> What are the most adventage/disaventage of a web based cluster?

I my opinion LVS ( http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org ) is one of the best of
the best web clusters. It supports error detection and works with several
other OSes on the real webservers.

Another very promising solution is eddieware ( http://eddie.sourceforge.net )
but I didn't had the change to play with it. Eddie is a advanced loadbalanced
dns server.

For a simple site where high availability isn't an issue round robin dns is
probably the easiest solution.

--
staf wagemakers

homepage:	http://www.stafwag.f2s.com