Re: Apache load ballancing

On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, staf wagemakers wrote:

> > I don't need persistent HTTP connections - I need persistent connections
> > from my web application. That's why I need each session to be continued on
> > the same host where it started.
>
> That is exactly what LVS does, it even works with https, where it is
> necessary that each session goes back to the same server.
>
> You can find more info about LVS & persistence at
> http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/persistence.html

I'm just reading it right now, thanks for URL. I'm not sure if I
understand it well - it assigns client to particular real server on client
IP number basis ? If so, it can be quite unballanced sometimes...
Imagine large masqerading networks.

I need to check mod_backhand, do some benchmarks...
Anybody has done any such benchmarks ?

> or ask it at lvs-users@LinuxVirtualServer.org if you dont believe me :-)

Well , I need to check archives, I think it can help :)

Thanx
-=Czaj-nick=-