Re: IP Accounting and 2.4

On Wed, 4 Jul 2001 00:44, Chad C. Walstrom wrote:
> OK.  New job, new problems.  Whereas I used to be able to ignore
> systems administration and networking, it's now my focus.  Our ISP
> wants to be able to record IP traffic and bandwidth useage for each of
> its users, a common need amongst ISP's.

How do customers connect to you?  If they are using any decent terminal
server device then it should send accounting packets to the RADIUS server
that list the number of bytes and packets sent and received.

If they connect via a Linux terminal server then if you use the latest
version of my Portslave package (which isn't in Debian yet because I
haven't fixed all the bugs) then it'll log bytes (logging packets
requires changes to pppd).