Re: Multiple DSLs, and switching incoming route upon failure?

Mike Fedyk <mfedyk@matchmail.com> writes:

> I already have multiple DSL links to the Internet, but I haven't done
> anything more as far as incoming connections besides SMTP and a couple
> others for remote workers.

Why not have a DNS server on each network announcing different IPs for each
service and then multi-home each server?  DNS on DSL1 would only annouunce
IPs from DSL1, and DNS on DSL2 would only announce IPs from DSL2.  Due to the
way DNS servers are used in a round-robin fashion you should get crude load
balancing ... if DSL1 goes down only the DNS server in DSL2 would be
reachable and therefore only DSL2 IPs handed out.

--
Fraser Campbell <fraser@starnix.com>                          Starnix Inc.
Telephone: (905) 771-0017                       Thornhill, Ontario, Canada