Re: Image disk for debian

On Wednesday 20 June 2001 07:10, Teun Vink wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Craig wrote:
> > Hi ladies and fellas
> >
> > Is there a way of selecting packages and storing them in a flat text
> > file, that
> > debian uses to reference in the installation procedure.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Craig
>
> dpkg --get-selections > file
> dpkg --set-selections < file
>
> should do the trick if you only want to store package names...
>

> Teun

Speaking of which, how do you automate debian installs ala kickstart for rh
and mdk?  I'm trying to convert the other admin's here from mdk8 to debian,
but am having a hard time finding any documentation on how you would get the
install process down to basically "here's the floppy, it will load you over
the network and setup your config settings", which we have in place for
mandrake.  And hints/tips/pointers welcome, as by-hand installs *quickly*
wear thin :-)

Thanks,

D.A.Bishop