TCP connection problem.

I have a tcp connection problem.

I connect to the Internet using a Debian 2.2r2.
Some web servers refuse to respond to my requests.
No matter witch browser I use (Lynx, Netscape Opera), they access the
web servers but
no data is transferred from them.
The servers seems to run on Windoze NT 4.0.
One example of this is www.conexant.com
I try telnet webserver.com 80 and after connection I send a request like
a browser do, but the response does not come. I suspect somme tcp
connection problems.
If I use a proxy from the net all works fine.

Could be my kernel (custom 2.2.19) the source of this problem ?
Please help !

--
Best regards,
   Minta Adrian - YO3GIH                 phone: +401.683.66.52