Re: Courier and MySQL

On Tue, 29 May 2001, Tamas TEVESZ wrote:

> On Tue, 29 May 2001, Roger Abrahamsson wrote:
>
>  > Iif I have a mailuser named "foo" it should be placed in a maildir at
>  > /var/spool/mail/f/foo
>
> this is _the_ 'home directory' from courier's point of view.

Yep, thats how it is supposed to be.. but I cant get it even to connect
and authenticate against mysql. The mysql logs shows no connection attempt
even, in spite of me removing all but authentication through mysql.
I have all daemons started, and I telnet to port 143 and talk to the imap
server.

if the user exists on the system I get following:

Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2001 Double Precision, Inc.  See COPYING for distribution information.
aa01 login foo bar
* BYE [ALERT] Fatal error: Maildir: No such file or directory
Connection closed by foreign host.

and if the user dont exist:

aa01 login john doe
aa01 NO Login failed.

Basically it seems to ignore my settings, and use pam instead, which I
most definitively do not want.

imaplogin gets started with the argument pointing correctly to the
authmysql module. If I connect to the mysql server by hand with the user
and password authmysql is configured for, I get a log entry and all works
fine.

Is there any way I trace the courier authentication process more deeply
without resorting to the source packages?

/Roger