Re: Multiple DSLs, and switching incoming route upon failure?

On Sat, May 26, 2001 at 04:46:53PM -0400, Jeff S Wheeler wrote:
> If you had a colocated server on a reliable IP connection you could VPN
> yourself a subnet from it over either of your two DSL routes.  This might be
> sane but would cause you to incur a lot of bandwidth bills. :-)

I don't think co-lo centres are that reliable.  My experience with
Global Centre here in Melbourne is that they are pretty unreliable.  I
don't deal with anything hosted there at the moment but I know someone
who does and I have noticed his DNS going down (which was really the
co-lo having a network outage).

--
Jeremy Lunn
Melbourne, Australia