Re: gcc and cpp errors

Nathan Ridge wrote:

> has anyone seen the following errors before? :
>
> gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 4
> gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
> cpp0: output pipe has closed
>
> I am trying to compile kernel-source-2.2.17, seems to be very random, I can
> simply try again, and it may go further, until it get stucks on a certain .c
> file, then after a reboot, will go a little further.  Have tried stable and
> unstable packages.  Any help appreciated.

GCC spitting signal 11 is usually a memory problem. The fact that where
it fails varies tends to confirm this.
GCC really stresses a machine and one that seems to work fine otherwise
may still have a memory problem that shows up at compile time.

Pete
--
http://www.elbnet.com
ELB Internet Service, Inc.