Von: Jeff S Wheeler [mailto:jsw@five-elements.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 9. Mai 2001 00:29
An: z-deb-isp
Betreff: RE: Webalizer and net-acct differences

The header size is not so fixed, actually.  If you use cookies on your site
the client will send them to you upon each request.  You might have CGIs and
such that update cookies frequently as well, which would reduce your
efficiency yet more.  There are a lot of factors here, but the real issue is
that your customers are going to expect to be billed by what access.log
analysis tools compute, because that is all they can use to attempt to audit
your billing mechanism, and that is what other service providers will use.
>From the customer perspective if you want to bill based on IP traffic and
not what webalizer/etc reports, you and your customer should both understand
the differences.

- jsw