Webalizer and net-acct differences

hi,

for our accounting i tried to write a script that uses net-acct (an
user-space daemon to log all network traffic over an net-device) to collect
the webtraffic for our customer.
Until now we use webalizer and read the monthly sums in his report, but that
is'nt a nice job, so i tried this skript with net-acct.
But...
Webalizer and net-acct got  different numbers for the same time-period.
The difference ist about 10%.
a few differences are clear:
- Webalizer count from midnight to midnight, my skript runs with cron.daily
at (about) 6:25 .
- net-acct gets the packets with the incoming http_request (but they are now
ignored by my skript)
- There ist the http-header, too. A few lines befor every object send out.
(how much is that in relation to the object itself?)

Anbody knows what is loggend in the Apache log in the field size (i.e.
included HTTP Header or not) , and what does net-acct take for the size of a
packet (just the payload, or the headers too?)

Thanks in advance,

	ar

--

[ampersand online agentur]