Re: An LDAP authentication howto for Debian?

On Saturday 05 May 2001 06:48, tps@unslept.com wrote:
> Since we're on the subject of LDAP, one thing I hate about LDAP, and it
> may be just my ignorance, is this: I'm use to using PH for mail routing.
> Within  PH, for the user record, you can add many aliases for them,
> which sendmail happily uses. I can't figure out how to do this with
> LDAP! Does anyone have an eyedeer?

When using LDAP for email aliases you have multi-valued attributes for both
the incoming address and the delivery address.  This allows you to have one
user with multiple email addresses, an alias expansion to multiple users, or
a multi-user alias with multiple addresses.