user htaccess administration

Hello all,
I wanted to know if anyone has seen or uses a (preferably perl) cgi
script that gives vhost users a web interface to manage password
protecting directories with htaccess files.  The main stipulation I
have is the ability to create and modify htaccess files in any
directory the user wants (that is in their htdocs/).

I've looked at several scripts that only did half of what I want or went
completely out of their way to to work around the assumption that
whoever was implementing the script did not have administrative access
to the server.  I'm about ready to write my own script, but wanted to
know if someone else has beaten me to it.  Thanks
--
Cameron Moore