Re: Performance monitor

On Tue, May 01, 2001 at 07:30:44PM +0200, Marcin Owsiany wrote:
> I wonder what you guys use as performance monitoring/bottleneck
> detection software (preferably for a text terminal)? I mean I
> would like to see some more detailed data than just 'load
> average' :-)

I don't know the LPP (I think) that was mentioned before, but
you should also look into using sar (System Accounting and Reporting)
It's a (relatively) standard Unix tool for this sort of thing.
HP has it standard on HPUX, and I know there is a free Linux
version made by someone from 'At-Computing'. It's called atsar
I don't know if it's packaged, I think so. Otherwise a search on
freshmeat would turn it up. If that fails try contacting At
on: www.atcomputing.nl

(Even though their company is a direct competitor to mine ;) )

Mark Janssen                     Unix Consultant @ SyConOS IT
E-mail: mark@markjanssen.homeip.net    GnuPG Key Id: 357D2178
http: markjanssen.homeip.net and markjanssen.[com|net|org|nl]
Fax/VoiceMail: +31 84 8757555     Finger for GPG and GeekCode