Re: An LDAP authentication howto for Debian?

<quote who="Stephane Bortzmeyer">

> The most important problem, I believe, is that using LDAP means
> understanding many differents things and how they fit together. These
> things are often documented properly (setting a LDAP server...) but
> separately (setting LDAP clients is in a completely different place) and
> you cannot get a global picture easily. (for instance, the LDP HOWTOs
> about PAM and LDAP do not explain why you need, in most cases, to setup
> PAM *and* NSS.)

Okay, I'm convinced. I think the best way of going about it would be to take
the LDP's two LDAP documents (LDAP HOWTO & LDAP Authentication HOWTO), add
some very practical Debian guidelines (preferably as note points so other
distribution users can add their directions) and combining them into one
great tome. :)

I'm doing some LDAP migrations in the next few weeks too, and can assign
some manpower to this task. Groovy.

- Jeff

--
       "Ever had a morning where you were not kissed and told "I love
you," when the night before you SCREWED so wildly that you could not remember?