I have sen some but

I have had several iterations of hardware being recycled thru a life cycle
lately and am coming to a concolusion that I'd like an opinion on usin old
hardware in the following fashion.

old hardware like 200mhz or even 100mhz pentium systems with 1`28mb ram:
promise cards so 80gb drives work

then use them as ghost type backup servers.
that way if systems fail, just put floppies in and ... back in business.
I think this is cheaper than tape.

there are several version of something like ghost for linux anyone have
good experience using one of them in this fashion?

Not as a way to install many systems from one server but a way to create
backup server for emergency restores.