Re: VirtualHosts

> But when I used Listen, then it did not
> biring anything even my primary site www.abc.com.
> If I turned of Listen then my primary site www.abc.com
> comes up.
>
> Looks I am wandering somewhere near the solution.

 I believe the <VirtualHost> tag should look like <VirtualHost
www.xyz.net:80> to work right.

  Also the ServerName directive is the name you want the server to
return to the client. If you set ServerName to just xyz.net then all
relative URLs on pages will be http://xyz.net/foo.htm. In that case you
will also need a <VirtualHost xyz.net:80> to handle those requests. The
ServerName should be set to (surprise, surprise) whatever the server's
name is... unless you purposely want to change it. This however isn't
your problem with serving up an initial page.

 Is anything being logged by Apache in the error or access log that may
give a clue? Can you start Apache? If so can you telnet to port 80
locally and get a response? How about remotely?

Pete