mac address

Hi.

First, I will apologize about my bad english... sorry... :((

I need to work with a vpn program under windoze :(, and I will construct a firewall with iptables. I see that the new kernel 2.4 have the possibility to work with mac address. If this is possible, because when the packets arrive to my firewall the mac addres is the ethernet of firewall- not the workstation that make the petition- the packet can access directly to workstation who made the connection... Is this correct?

Can anybody help me, please?

A lot of thank's.

Have a nice day  ;-)
TooManySecrets