Re: Debian vs. freeBSD

>>>>> "BrM" == brian moore <bem@rom.org> writes:
On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 06:42:20PM -0500, Debian Ghost wrote:
    >> ... My manager has asked me to write a proposal on installing
    >> Debian or FreeBSD on a few servers here that will be used
    >> (internally to the company- i.e- non production) for basic
    >> services such as NFS, mail, apache (backing a request tracker
    >> ticketing system), internal DNS and ftp services. ...

    BrM> [...] Seriously, the differences are mostly religious.

Except for nfs, and given the non-production purpose, I agree.  Nfs,
especially if you are serving to non-linux clients, might be
problemmatic under Linux/Debian.  If I were to deploy Linux as an NFS
server, I'd do some reading up on how much of the recent nfs work is
actually in the stable kernels and how stable it is.

cheers,

BM