NFS server problems

Hi

For my Java-stations I use nfs-user-server (potato) on my I386 machine.
My /etc/exports :

/export/nc	10.0.0.1(rw,no_root_squash)

when I boot my javastation every thing goes well (at least, it seems)
But, when I want to login I only can login as root.
And after that (when I logged in as root) when I switch to a random user :

#su - username
No directory, loggin in with HOME=/
su: /etc/profile: Permission denied
su: //.bash_profile:Permission denied
su-2.03$

Even with the nfs-user-server from woody, I got the same problems.
The permissions on the mounted directory are fine, cause I use exact the
same image on another debian server (sparc). On the sparc are no
problems. (with the same /etc/export).
So it should be an nfs-server problem.
When I try the kernel server, there are mount problems on the i386 as on
the sparc machine.

Anyone who has an idea?

thnx

Patrick