Detecting a down link and rerouting

Hey all,

I have 3 interfaces in my linux box. One goes to the local lan, one goes
to the internet via T1, and one is a dedicated ppp link through my
company. I would like to know if there's any program out there
to detect if the internet ethernet is down, or at least is experiencing
almost 100% packet loss, and automatically set my default route to the
modem, but also detect when it comes back up and move my default back to
the main internet connection.

I'm sure there's something obvious I'm missing, but if someone could point
me in the right direction, it would definately be appreciated.

Thanks a bunch,

-Leigh

---
Leigh Koven
leighk@thegovernment.net
http://www.thegovernment.net/
"Just do me a favor and check your baggage at the door" - The Offspring