Re: kernel compile

Simon Tennant <simon@linuxcare.com> writes:

> Martin Kos wrote:
> >
> > one question: which packages (unstable) are required to compile the kernel,
> > including the "make menuconfig"-tool ?
> >

> "apt-cache search kernel" will give you some clues.

"apt-get install kernel-package" is even better. I would hope that is enough
to fetch all kernel building dependencies.  You can extract your own source
tree, enter it and "make-kpg --revision=custom1.0 kernel_image" to build a
.deb kernel.

--
fraser campbell <fraser@starnix.com>                          starnix inc.
tollfree: (905) 771-0017                        thornhill, ontario, canada