Re: mail sorting tool

On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 02:41:23PM +0100, Martin Man wrote:
> 	which tool would you suggest me to use for simple mail sorting for my
> small company. Let's say we're getting email for our domain via POP from one POP
> account and I've to distribute appropriate email messages to
> appropriate mailboxes according to To: and Cc: headers.

This is a bad idea all together because you loose envelop addresses.
Forget POP and use UUCP over TCP/IP.  It's pretty easy to set up.  If
your ISP won't provide you with that then find another.

> 	The procmail fails when someone sends an email to someone@mydomain.org
> and cc's it to someoneelse@mydomain.org because procmail's rule will match the
> only first address and doesn't have a chance to match against cc header,
> therefore someone@mydomain.org will get the email, the others won't.

While I can't give you an exact recipe (too late and I'm tired).  It is
possible that other people could get it, you don't have to stop
filtering it through procmailrc after one thing matches.

> 	I'm running potato+exim+fetchmail, know it's possible using sendmail,
> but don't really want to go into it, because it's too complicated.

You could try postfix as well.  I like it better than exim and easy to
configure.

--
Jeremy Lunn
Melbourne, Australia