Re: Debian Slink

On Sat, 30 Dec 2000 03:13:06 +0100, Tobias Geijersson writes:
>I have a little problem, I'm using Debian 2.1 on one of our production
>servers and now I need to add some packages and don't want to uppgrade
>to a newer distribution just yet (we will soon move our servers and make
>som big changes so I will do it then).

Well, you could just point your sources.list to potato, apt-get update,
apt-get install <insert needed new packages here> and you will upgrade
only what´s really needed for the new packages. I´m doing this on 2 of
my servers since potato hit stable and it works just fine (except
samba...).

Another try would be searching for an old package (you should find some
in /var/cache/apt-/archives) via http://ftpsearch.ntnu.no and hope
to find that some mirror still holds slink.

hth,
&rw
--
/  Ing. Robert Waldner  | Network Engineer | T: +43 1 89933  F: x533 \
\ <Waldner@KPNQwest.at> |    KPNQwest/AT   | Diefenbachg. 35, A-1150 /